Subject: memory leak
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 1995 14:53:12 -0700

Maybe this subject has been discussed already, but I've been too busy to
keep up with the list recently, so I may have missed it.  4.0 (Intel, NT)
has a major memory leak when image sequences are loaded in.  It appears that
LW does not remove "old" images from memory as it loads through the
sequence.  On complicated scenes with multiple sequences, NT quickly runs
out of memory and brings up a "virtual disk full" error message.  Does
anyone know if there is a fix for this planned or available?  I consider
this to be a very serious bug, and hope that it will be corrected soon.  I
recently did a show opening involving dozens of sequences, and I had to
baby-sit my computers over the course of 3 days (including sleeping in my
office) so I could re-load the scene each time NT ran out of memory.

--
[email-masked] sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]